Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thoughts for Today

I've had on my mind recently the affect that living away from town has had on me.  Although we now have a commute, I get up early everyday, and we are nowhere near any bar or public transport, I think that moving into this house has already begun to produce positive results.

I've not really lazed about on weekends nor have I been able to slow down.  I'm still calmer, more patient at work (which is a big one if you know what I do), and more energized to get things done even if I'm tired.  My new-found youth I attribute to having a home.  Finishing something around the house or in the yard is equivalent to finishing a crafty project.  It's a tangible result that I can see and show.  Perhaps it's the knowledge that we are staying put for at least a few years or maybe it's just being away from the bulk of society after work.  In truth, you never know what life throws at you but this concept at least makes me happy.

Our house is slowly coming together and I hope to have many more guests in the future!  For now we continue to make our plans and find a way to make them work.  It's a little bit about time, a little bit about money, and lot of dreaming.  That's it for today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment