Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finally Feeling Like Home

Today as the refrigerator, washer and dryer were being delivered and "installed" I began to feel like this house I've spent a lot of time in this week wasn't just a domicile but also a home.  "The beast" protrudes well beyond our countertop and barely squeezed into the space even though we measured.  It is huge compared to what we are used to and has presence in our kitchen.  However, I don't care.  We got a really good deal on this Kitchen Aid at around $700 off the original price because it was a floor model.  And, it's an "Audi" fridge.  When you open it, the sound of an operatic soprano sings a nice tune as the LED lights slowly light up bright!  The front has these cool digital push-button thingys to regulate temperature, choose your ice preference or simply program exactly how much water you want to get out.  Yes, I can tell it to give me .25 litres and it does it.  I am excited about this needless to say.

                               

The washer and dryer also arrived today.  Just your basic Samsung front loaders.  But they are high-efficiency and very quiet.  It also plays a song for you when the cycle is finished - this time I'm not making it up.  It really plays a song.  Quite nice actually when you are upstairs doing stuff.  All of a sudden this lovely little tune begins to play and voila, clean clothes!

This whole week I have been slowly painting the master bedroom and bathroom the color "Lambswool" which is a Valspar color.  However we use Behr paint, apparently it's better.  Even drove over the mountain for it.  Anyway, the color has turned out so well and I am ready to paint the whole house "Lambswool".  Even the name is warm and fuzzy.  Aside from some minor touch-ups on the ceiling (where I rolled it by accident) and the trim it is finished!  The bedroom that is.  I need a partner for the bathroom to make sure I don't break myself by falling.  There are some hard-to-reach places where I can't fit my ladder.  Here is the finished bedroom.  I can't wait to get the furniture in there on Tuesday!





I am very happy with the results.  This week's sore arms and back are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment