Saturday, June 23, 2012

Step 1: Getting Started with Paint

Step 1:  Picking out the paint color.  Wow, could there be more shades of tan or brown?  or blue?  or white?  After many hours of deliberation we decided to go with a Valspar color - "Lambswool" over Behr's "Barcelona Beige" in the Master Bedroom and Bath.  In following the advice of my DIY Guru (my Dad), I had Home Depot match the color using Behr paint.  I think it's a very nice warm color that will match with all of my various quilts, none of which really follow the same color scheme.  The house has already been painted a two-toned off-white walls and white-white trim but I don't think it has enough pizazz.  


This picture was the only one I could find that used the actual "lambswool" shade, but you get the point.  It's going to look really nice with a bright-white trim and outlet covers.  

We set out early this morning to Home Depot over the mountain to get paint and have breakies at Cracker Barrel before having to take Al to work.  Several more minutes of talking in circles and we had our paint.  

My task today was to remove all outlet covers, tape up the necessary spots around the bedroom and bath and begin painting around the outlets, corners and trim.  What I didn't know was that my Ipod had no battery power.  Three hours later and I was done.  I think that painting is not a job that I want to do when I'm sleepy.  Sleepy = Sloppy when it comes to the way my body works.  Anyway, tomorrow is another day - and Al will be there to help and keep me company!

The upstairs bath will be painted blue...
"Distance"


I'm very excited about this one!

Also, this 90 degree temperature is killing our grass!  The poor little sprouts are dark brown.  I am thinking we've got to start budgeting to get that taken care of in the fall when it's not so hot.  Either that, or we'll have to water like crazy.  For now, I'll focus on the paint - may not be smart to plant new seed until it cools off a bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment